- 130 Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Students
- Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College Students
- Easy Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for High School
- Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Middle School
- Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for the 6th Grade
- AP World History Compare and Contrast Essay
- 10 Things to Compare and Contrast
- Compare and Contrast Essay Topics: Influential People
- 5 Effective Tips on How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
- The High-Quality Compare and Contrast Essay Example
- Example “Netbook vs Laptop”
- Essay Writing Advice from Our Expert
- No Time for Writing a High-Quality Essay? Entrust Our Expert to Do This!
A compare and contrast essay is one of the favorite tasks assigned by both school and college teachers. The main aim is to teach students to conduct research. And provide an in-depth analysis looking for similarities and differences of the chosen object. Students like this kind of essay more than other assignments because it is possible to choose among the variety of compare and contrast essay topics. It is not surprising that students find it interesting to compose a paper that should contain a comparative analysis because the process of writing can be fun.
This type of assignment isn't as easy as ABC. Its writing requires a lot of time and efforts. It is impossible to complete a high-quality work without having the necessary knowledge on how to write a compare and contrast essay the right way. Before you get started keep in mind that the key to success is the great topic. If you have no idea on which topic to give preference to, you are welcome to check the great topics you will find here.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College Students
Do you wonder what are some good compare and contrast essay topics? Save your time and check the list of the most interesting college topics for you to choose from. Some compare and contrast essay topics for college students are less time-consuming while others require more thorough research. Pick the one that suits you best.
- Traditional education vs distance learning
- Holidays in your hometown and summer holidays abroad
- Compare two famous learning methods
- What professionals are of high demand today?
- Hip-Hop and Rock music
- Two political strategies
- E-books and traditional books
- How do American fast-food and Italian pizza affect the weight?
- Differences between the career opportunities offered to a specialist with the Master's and Ph.D. degrees
- Compare the main ideas of the scientific books written by the same author
- What is better: go to the movies or watch TV at home?
- Compare two college subjects: which one do you like and why?
- Two historical events
- Famous fashion brands: which one is more popular and why
- Android or iOS
- Compare two celebrities: who has reached more success?
- Alcohol and cigarettes: what is more harmful?
- Drugs and alcohol abuse
- Chemistry or Physics: which one is more useful in everyday life?
- Tennis vs Badminton
Easy Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Are you short of time and don't know how to compose a superior quality paper? Check the easy compare and contrast essay topics. Writing them won't take you too much time. Even choosing an easy topic for your work, you can make it brilliant if you have a serious and responsible approach to essay writing. These topics will suit those who study at school or college. Depending on how you will present your standpoint, an easy theme may sound great as well.
- Dogs vs cats
- White and black chocolate
- What is more useful: fruit or vegetables
- Fitness or gym?
- Long films — 5-minutes videos?
- Cinema or theatre
- English — German: which language is more difficult to learn?
- Newspapers vs fashion magazines
- Real communication or communication via Skype
- Twitter — Instagram
- Comedies — horror films
- Two popular novels
- Animals — people
- Sociology — psychology
- Birthday party at 10 and at 16
- Long — short haircuts
- Jeans — shorts
- Dresses vs skirts
- Tea — coffee
- Steel vs glass materials
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for High School
Studying at a high school, students are often assigned to compose papers on compare and contrast essay topics for high school. Here, you will find only the most interesting ideas for your paper. It is not difficult to pass your paper with flying colors if you choose the right theme.
- American and British poetry of the XX century
- Popular TV shows
- Potatoes — Pasta: what is more difficult to cook?
- Pizza — sandwich: what is more harmful?
- Traditional currency — Digital currency
- Notebook — tablet PC
- Smartphone — computer?
- Samsung vs iPhone
- Robots vs People
- New technologies vs traditional system
- Christian — Muslim
- Vegan —vegetarian?
- Sausages — meat: what is more natural?
- Bitcoin — Ethereum
- Independence — freedom
- Living alone — living with family?
- Traveling alone — traveling with friends
- Black vs white: which one suits official occasions?
- Backpack vs bag: what is more convenient for a man?
- Italy vs Spain: where is it better to have a rest in summer
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Middle School
Don't you know what to write about? Have a closer look at the collection of original compare and contrast topics for middle school. Check the following paper ideas, each of which will impress your teachers.
- Bike — car
- Man — woman
- Breakfast — dinner
- Fashion today and yesterday
- Time spent with parents — time spent with classmates
- Two songs you like
- Provide a comparative analysis of poetry
- The World War I — the World War II?
- Hot summer vs cold winter?
- Case study vs research work
- Editor vs proofreader
- Places you visited during holidays
- The best and the worst birthday party
- Original brand vs fake?
- Expensive vs cheap shoes?
- Tram vs trolley-bus
- Chocolate cake vs bar of chocolate
- April vs May
- Dollar vs Euro
- Computer virus and antivirus
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for the 6th Grade
It is a common situation when schoolchildren can't brainstorm compare and contrast essay topics for 6th grade on their own. Parents help young essay writers to pick the most creative idea. This idea must meet the expectations of the teachers. A list of themes below will deprive you of the necessity to rack your brains and think hard which theme to choose. Just have a look at the specially chosen collection for the 6th-grade level schoolchildren:
- Being an athlete and being a dancer
- Ballet vs hip-hop?
- Basketball vs baseball
- 2 major innovations of the last century
- Millionaire and billionaire?
- Real leather vs artificial leather
- Crocodile vs snake
- Spending time alone vs walking in the park with friends
- Originality vs creativity
- Paper book vs pocketbook
- Cigarettes vs beer: what has the worse effect on the body?
- Going to the theater vs going to the park
- Large vs small company
- Coca-cola vs Fanta
- Two harmful habits you have
- Watching TV vs reading
- Smart house vs traditional house
- Singer vs Artist
- iPad vs textbook
- D. Trump vs Obama
AP World History Compare and Contrast Essay
Are you looking for the best ap world history compare and contrast essay theme? Here you are! You are welcome to check the list of worthy themes of history below:
- The historical events in France and Italy in 1987
- The evolution of British relationships with other countries
- Principles of Trade in ancient cities
- Textbooks on the ap world history
- The most famous rulers of the ancient city
- Two labor systems of 1800
- Analyze political changes in 2000 CE
- Economic changes in Asia up to 1000 CE
- Two different regions with the different political systems
- Traveling and trading from 600 CE to 1000 CE
10 Things to Compare and Contrast
Do you have some ideas on your essay but still doubt whether you have chosen the right things to compare and contrast? Let's have a closer look at those things which would suit your piece of writing best. There are ten things that you can successfully pick up:
- Lego vs robots: what is the better toy for boys?
- A high-quality text vs low-quality content
- A talented writer vs a bad writer
- Slow vs fast music
- Dancing vs singing
- Spring vs autumn
- Japan vs China: which one is a more high-technological country?
- Science and technology
- Works of Shakespeare
- Two mythological legends
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics: Influential People
- Two well-known singers of your time
- Two influential women in the world history
- Men who have changed the political system greatly
- Current presidents of the most influential countries
- Influential millionaires
- Famous celebrities having an influence on politics
- Two most successful traders
- The well-known developers
- Public influential people, you would like to look after and decide who you like most
- Greatest writers who influenced the political views of the society
5 Effective Tips on How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
Have any ideas on how to write a compare and contrast essay? In order to complete an A-grade assignment, which is aimed at covering both common and distinctive features of a certain thing or an object, you need to follow the helpful tips and tricks. There are certain things to keep in mind. Check out the list of useful recommendations that will help you to achieve your goal and submit an impressive piece of writing.
- Choose an eye-catching theme: When picking a theme for your work, bear in mind that you need to choose the best topic among a large number of compare and contrast essay topics. What are the criteria for identifying whether the theme is good or bad? First of all, you should look for those topics that you are interested in. If an author is indifferent, he or she is unlikely to craft a high-quality project.
- Take into account that your theme should be interesting to your reader as well. There are four major types of the comparison. You can choose different events, situations, characters of the books, and places.
- Use information from the reputable sources: It doesn't matter what exactly you are going to write about-look for the trustworthy information sources. Depending on the chosen topic, you may either need one source or several if the topic focuses on specific things. Check the credibility of the used sources or you may include the information that is not true. When presenting a comparative analysis, it is extremely important to understand how the things are similar and what makes them different.
- Stick to the correct writing format: Any academic assignment should be written in accordance with a certain structure. A comparative essay isn't an exception. It must be well-structured if you want to get an A-grade. Start with a hooking introduction, write a strong thesis, continue with the main body, where you are supposed to focus on your arguments, and finally, the conclusion. The 5-6 paragraph structure is the best possible variant for writing this kind of work.
- Pay attention to the paper formatting: There is more than one formatting style. That's why you should ask your teacher which one he or she expects to see in your work. It is a good idea to ask to provide you with a good example to know for sure that you have understood what your paper must look like.
- Edit and proofread your paper: Students think that putting a comma is the final step. This is not the right approach to writing academic papers. After you have written your assignment, you should reread it in order to convince that it is free of any kind of errors. It is recommended to have a look at the written papers in a day or two because it is difficult for the writer to find mistakes after he or she has finished the paper.
The reasonable solution is to entrust professionals to proofread your work. If you have friends or relatives who can devote several minutes to listen to your work, ask them whether your work sounds fine or it still requires certain improvements. What to do if you have nobody who could express an opinion on the quality of your essay? This problem can be easily solved! You can ask expert custom writers to check out your college essays anytime you have doubts that you know how to write a compare and contrast essay.
The High-Quality Compare and Contrast Essay Example
Before you get started, have a look at a compare and contrast essay example. You'll have a clear picture of how to present similar and distinctive features of two things that belong to one group. Use a sample below when composing your own paper.
Example “Netbook vs Laptop”
"When choosing a new laptop, we cannot help paying attention to netbooks, because they are quite similar to each other (both in appearance and in basic characteristics). Not everyone knows how they differ much. In this essay, I will consider the main differences between the two devices and try to conclude which one is better.
What makes a netbook different from a laptop? The main difference between a netbook and a laptop is its purpose. The netbook was designed primarily for the mobile use of this type of computer. A laptop can be used in transport or cafe; it is quite cumbersome and it cannot be said that it is very convenient for these purposes. A laptop is designed to completely replace a personal computer, but a netbook seems to be its complement. Choosing a netbook, consider what you are buying this device for.
The size of the device (dimensions, screen, keyboard, weight, etc.) differs. We think that it is obvious to everyone that the main visual difference is, of course, the size. Netbooks often have much smaller dimensions. Their screen reaches only 10 inches (in rare cases 12), but laptops easily reach 18 inches in size, that is, the screen is actually equal to the diagonal of a full-fledged monitor.
The keyboard for notebooks is almost identical to the usual one. It's quite familiar and convenient to use, but a small keyboard on a netbook is a very complicated element (the keys are very small and are too close), so typing is quite unusual and even more inconvenient. In weight, a netbook naturally wins, as it is very light and does not take up much space (it easily fits in a small bag).
As for the technical differences, the first one is the hard drive, namely its size. On a laptop, it can reach almost 4 terabytes, when on a netbook it's hard to find a device even with 700 gigabytes. A large hard drive is needed mainly for those who watch movies, series, swing a large number of games and keep entire discographies of famous performers. A small hard disk up to 200 gigabytes will be enough for work and study.
In netbooks, as a rule, there are no processors with great power. They will not be able to perform supercomplex tasks quickly and daily, because you are simply tortured by the fact that the computer will constantly hang, thereby irritating you and slowing down the work. But on laptops, you can find even models that have processors that can rebuff many full-fledged PCs.
Experts prefer the full-fledged laptops because, despite the price, you get what you want. In the case of a netbook, you can constantly feel uncomfortable with a lack of this or that possibility or potential, which in time will strain emotionally (you will begin to regret buying). "
Essay Writing Advice from Our Expert
A comparative essay is a great assignment to learn how to think critically. Pay special attention to the choice of the compare and contrast essay topics. You should conduct research beforehand to assure that you are aware of the smallest details, which may matter for your analysis. It is better to choose those things you are familiar with.
If you have the freedom to choose the topic on your own, don't try to impress your college professor with a complicated topic. It is better to give preference to the easier one but to present it in an interesting and original way. Believe that it is possible to tell in a creative manner about anything. Don't be afraid to express your own standpoint as your personal opinion is very important for the impression made by the paper.
No Time for Writing a High-Quality Essay? Entrust Our Expert to Do This!
If you lack the necessary time composing a paper or just prefer having a rest instead of hitting the books - ask us for professional help! Don't waste time searching similarities and distinctive characteristics of things! We can do this quickly and effectively! Our team of specialists will be glad to provide you with a superior quality academic assistance whenever you need it.
Don't hesitate to ask our custom writers for help online! Would you like to have an academic helper you can always rely on? Your dream has come true! Passing papers with flying colors isn't a dream anymore. Write us “Help me with my essay” and get instant help from the comfort of your home.